1. The emcee/rapper must abide by the eligibility rules of - Ladies of Lyrics Cypher Contest.
2. This is an open category to female emcees only. We do not discriminate against transgender female emcees and you are free to enter as well.
3. Age limits are 18+ years old.
4. No Entry/Registration fees or costs needed to enter or participate in this contest.
5. Waiver and Permission of Use: Each emcee/rapper that enters the contest accepts and gives permission to use their likeness and lyrics during the contest and for promotion of the contest. None of the contestant's original lyrics will be used for anything other than the promotion of the contest and to benefit the contestant entering and competing.
6. The emcees/rapper is required to complete the registration form and comply with each stage's requirements to continue to the next level that they advance to before the deadline.
7. Any contestant that does not follow the required steps by the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
8. Contestants must be able to film themselves against a white backdrop/wall in all black appropriate clothing and send in the video by the deadline. No one but the contestant is allowed to be in the video or be heard in the video unless given permission to do so.
9. You must have a certain degree of availability to perform the weekly tasks of this contest. If you are not able to complete the contest tasks due to hectic personal scheduling, DO NOT ENTER this contest. This contest will require about 3 hours of time to write and film your weekly verses. We will also be doing a weekly show live to post your videos, judge the content, and complete the elimination process. Attending the Live broadcast is not mandatory unless you are advised to be available.
10. If you are unsure of whether this contest is for you, see last season's winner, and videos here.
1. Stage 1: There will be no limit to the number of entrants, however, there will only be 10 slots available chosen by sponsoring judges for the first stage of the competition.
2. Stage 2: This level of the competition will eliminate 3 entrants by the judges vote.
3. Stage 3: This level of the competition will eliminate 3 entrants by the judges.
4. Stage 4: In the "Final Four" stage there will be a battle between the remaining 4 emcees, with a final vote made by contest judges eliminating two.
5.The FINAL battle will determine the winner will be announced after the battle and live performances. Then the prizes will be awarded in the weeks following.
6. Winner will make themselves available to receive and participate in all prospects of prizes (i.e. Interviews, magazine article, receiving swag, etc.)
RULES and GUIDELINES
1. Do not use someone else work that is copywritten or already published. Your freestyle must be 100% your own material and shall not infringe upon any third-party copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights nor shall it contain any vulgarities and overly-sexualized lyrics.
2. Please follow language guidelines and use English when writing and performing so judges can evaluate the lyrical content accordingly.
3. If your lyrics focus on your opponent DO NOT use their names, and do not be violent or disrespectful to them. This contest will not advocate disrespecting other contestants through malicious lyrics meant to cause mental harm or disrespect to others. Make this contest fun and engaging, but be creative.
4. The organizer/promoter will appoint the timeframe for each verse of each stage of the contest. The clock starts from the beginning of the first line spoken by the competitor. If you go over, the verse will be docked points or lose to the opponent for that round. (if applicable)
5.Each week all entrants must follow rules of that weeks contribution. If deadlines are not met, it could result in disqualification.
6. Each Emcee will be required to rhyme over the same beat as their opponent. (Which will be provided by the judges)
7. By participating in this event you permit the recording of your contributions and assign to the organizers the complete copyright and all other rights in your contributions for use in all media pertaining to the contest and promotion of the contest.
8. Competitors who are disrespectful, abusive, or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the organizers will be disqualified from the competition.
9. Contestants from previous seasons are allowed to enter only if they have not won the previous season.
1. The judging panel will consist of 3 judges including guest judges.
2. Judges will make their decision as to the winner(s) of each round independently and collectively and then it will be announced Live on the show, and then on the website and across social media.
3. In each stage decisions made by the judges are final. There is no appeal process. Contestants are bound by the decisions of the judge's vote (untampered) and are prohibited from protesting or face disqualification from current and future contests.
4. Understand this is a contest judged on TALENT, not POPULARITY.
- $500 Cash Prize via/CashApp/Paypal
-Spot in "Ladies of Lyrics Cypher Live"
-Management Deal if chosen by LCM (Leonard Croft Management)
- Magazine feature in (YV Hip Hop Magazine digital)
-Layout in (Cultural Vibe Magazine)
- Optimal Product placement across streaming platforms (Must have music ready or soon to be marketed)
- Full Round of Live Interviews
-Ladies of Lyrics Swag
- Plus More...!
Contact if you have any contest-related questions: